Home Insurance and Personal Safety Update
There are many events that can create devastation to homes and families. These events can include winds, hurricanes, floods, fire, and more. Your homeowner’s insurance may not automatically cover wind or flood damage, especially if you live in a high-risk area. Homeowner’s insurance coverage can be adjusted or separate flood and wind coverage can be purchased.
Now is the time to prepare
- Review your insurance to make sure you have adequate coverage and limits.
- Hold an annual family meeting to discuss issues and plans.
- Develop an evacuation plan; this should include phone numbers, meeting places and routes of escape from your home, neighborhood, and city.
- Check your home for vulnerable areas, such as leaking roofs.
- Make sure you have a secure place for recreation vehicles, boats, and motorcycles.
- Notify neighbors and family members of your plan.
- Plan for any special medical needs.
Your Emergency Kit Should include
· Three-day supply of food and water
· Sanitation and personal hygiene items
· Photocopies of identification and credit cards
· Basic tools
· Solar power source for smart phone
· Dust masks for every family member
· Items for infants such as formula, diapers, bottles, and pacifiers
· First aid kit
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.