Benefits Of Homeowners Insurance
Everyone who owns a home buys homeowner’s insurance to cover the dwelling and some level of coverage for personal property. But homeowner’s insurance and renter’s insurance can offer many additional benefits other than for just coverage for the dwelling and personal property.
1. Replacement Cost Coverage. If you select this kind of added coverage on your home or renter policy, you will have the added benefit of replacing your damaged property with new. Without this coverage, your settlement would be depreciated, and you will not have enough to replace your damaged property with new.
2. Identify Theft. Many personal insurance products can include some level of coverage for identity theft. Generally, this coverage would help with expenses you incur trying to get your identity back in order and your credit cleared.
3. Additional Living Expense. If you have a covered loss that requires you to move out of your home additional living expense can provide funds to offset expenses for temporary housing, food and other kinds of out of pocket expenses.
4. Claims And Adjusting Services. Many personal insurance companies have experienced professionals ready to help you manage your loss. These people can help you better understand the claim process and work with contractors to help you get your property replaced or restored as soon as possible.
5. Coverage for expensive art, guns or jewelry. If you own any kind of art or collections that may have a high value, your homeowner’s insurance can provide coverage with many different deductible options.
6. Claims Due To Dog Bites. Your home or renter insurance coverage can include coverage in the event your dog bites a third party.
7. Property Away From Your Home Or Apartment. Most renters and homeowner’s policies have a specific amount of coverage for personal property that is away from your scheduled property.
8. Coverage For Fences And Other Buildings. A homeowner’s insurance policy can cover sheds, fences, and landscaping that is located on the covered property. Usually, these have specific limits and conditions, so we recommend you always read your policy.
All these added benefits are subject to specific term and conditions. Remember, each policy is different. We recommend you read your policy to make sure the coverage you have meets your needs.
We are Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Winner two years in a row of Philadelphia magazine Home and Auto Professionals award. Our partners include Travelers, Progressive, Metlife, Safeco, The Hartford, Chubb and Westfield Insurance.