Business Insurance Update
Most every business owns business property, which may include the building in which you run your operations. Property insurance protects the physical assets your business owns – such as computers, office equipment, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property. Every business should have a comprehensive property insurance portfolio to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership.
We hope to help you indemnify a proactive plan in the event of a fire, theft, storm, or some other kind of damage that might involve your business insurance policy. There are a number of actions you can do to help get the best possible settlement from the insurance company.
- Maintain vital records
- Have photos of all buildings, major equipment, etc
- Blueprints- keep complete sets
- Property inventories
- Financial records
- Appoint key individuals as communicators
- Have emergency response plan
- Secondary locations identified
During The Loss
- Notify the insurer
- Protect the property
- Track claim costs
- Separate budget line items
- Keep records of all internal and external costs
- Make temporary repairs
- Communicate with insurer as to the use of any consultants
- Meet regularly with the agent and Insurer
- List and address key issues and concerns
- Note any changes from original design
- Will you rebuild or not?
- What might cause delays?
Commercial insurance is one of the most important products a new business needs. Our agency can help you review your risks and guide you through the process of securing the right combination of coverage and price.
Worthington Insurance specializes in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.