Buying a new home can bring with it a number of new expenses, which might include mortgage insurance. Mortgage insurance may be required by the bank in some cases. If you are trying to figure out how to manage this additional cost, we might have a few answers.
Our agency works very hard to bring our clients the best possible combination of premiums, coverage, and service.
Whys to reduce your homeowners insurance (these may not apply to every insurer)
• Purchase all your insurance through our agency
• Install an alarm system
• Choose paperless billing
• Avoid making small claims
• Pay annually instead of monthly
• Review the limits in your policy and the value of your possessions at least once a year
• Ask us about additional discounts
• Evaluate your policy and eliminate any coverage you no longer need
• Consider increasing your deductible.
• Don’t confuse what you paid for your house with rebuilding costs
• Keep your home well maintained
• Replace your roof, water heater, and other equipment when needed
• Review your policy regularly. You may not need the same kind of coverage you did a few years ago.