The outside temperature is getting colder, and those long hot days of summer are over. As we move into the fall and winter, now is the time to think about ways to save on your heating bills as well as your home insurance.
Lowering Your Heating Costs
· If you use oil or propane as your heat source, you do have the option of shopping around for the best price. You might be surprised at the cost differences.
· Seal all leaks around windows and doors.
· Turn off heat in unused rooms.
· Request a home energy audit from your utility company. They may suggest some cost cutting ideas, and they may offer no interest loans or grants for energy efficient equipment upgrades.
· Ceiling fans- By reversing the fan's direction and keeping it at a low speed in a clockwise direction, the blades will create an updraft, taking full advantage of the fact heat rises.
· Check for sufficient insulation in the attic. ZIP Code Insulation Calculator.
· Replace or clean furnace filters on a regular basis.
· Install a programmable thermostat. This will allow you to program the temperature lower during the night and also times of the day you are routinely away from home.
· When you are not using your fireplace, keep the damper closed.
Save on Your Personal Insurance
Now is a great time to have us review your personal insurance including your home, auto, life, motorcycle and RV insurance. We have been able to help our customers save hundreds of dollars by shopping their account to many of our great markets.
We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
All of us truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.