Did you know that what your employees do on their work computers can tell hackers when to attempt to enter your business systems? Some computer crime experts estimate that over 85% of all small business hacks are crimes of opportunity. Did you also know that your business has a better chance of having a cyber-attack than it does of having a fire?
Business Insurance Can Help
Your commercial insurance does not automatically cover cyber insurance, but it can be added at a very competitive premium. Be certain that you have effective cyber insurance coverage in place to help recover the often significant financial losses attached to privacy or data breaches. With the new Federal privacy laws, your business could also be subject to fines and penalties as well as notification costs. Call your agent for more information.
Employee Actions Can Increase Risk
- Employees, who use social media for personal use on their business computers, can inadvertently tell hackers about work habits and opportunities for creating false identities.
- Require employees to turn off computers after work is completed.
- Create unique passwords.
- Never download files form unknown sites.
- Limit the use of personal emails at work.
- Never click on an email from an unknown person.
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.