Over that past few years there have been many disasters. Most part of the N.E. has been hit hard with storms and floods. Are you aware that your homeowner’s insurance does not cover flood loss? Only 13% of U.S. homeowners had flood-insurance policies last year, according to the Insurance Information Institute, a trade group.
1. It is important to purchase the right kind of homeowner’s insurance. If you want flood or earthquake coverage, you will need a separate policy in most cases. If you live in a high wind area, you also may need special wind coverage.
2. If you live close to water, flood insurance should be considered. Discuss flood insurance for your home and/or business with us. Homeowner’s and business owner’s policies do not cover floods; it usually must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program.
3. Create an inventory of your personal property. Use a video camera to document all your personal property and store it off your premises.
4. Once flooding starts it is most likely too late to get flood insurance.
5. Hurricane insurance cannot be purchased once a hurricane warning has been issued.
6. Wildfires can cause substantial damage to your property very quickly.
7. Think about what you can do to prepare your house and make it less susceptible to damage. disastersafety.org.
Over the past 26 years, Worthington Insurance, Inc has been a part of its vibrant tight knit Yardley community. Worthington has shared in the joys of participating in various festivals and parades and the sorrow, along with our neighbors and clients, of flooding in our low lying location along the canal. In the end though, everyone at Worthington is truly enamored with the good citizens of Yardley and with the long tradition of service and honor conveyed by our historically significant location.
We provide insurance services to businesses and individuals throughout the and New Jersey.