A Business Insurance Update
Your business insurance can respond to many kinds of risks and losses. Protecting your business from loss can mean the difference between having a great year, and having to close your doors. According to the Insurance Information Institute, 30% of businesses that have a fire never re-open. Therefore, it pays to have the right business insurance and to manage your tops risks. However, do you know the most common risks faced by most businesses?
· Cyber breach – Your small business has a greater chance of having a data breach than it does of having a fire. Make sure you have a cyber liability insurance policy. Don’t save passwords on your computer, use the latest security software, train your employees on cyber security, and never use an open network.
· Customer trip and fall – Make sure you keep your business entry clean and clear of clutter.
· Flood – Your business insurance excludes flood damage. If you are close to water, make sure you consider flood insurance.
· Fire – Every business is subject to fire. Install automatic alarms to ensure proper notification, disconnect equipment when not in use, and never overload sockets with plugs.
· Theft – Develop a system for end of day closure procedures. Keep a light on at night. Burglars are less inclined to break in if they think someone is there.
Over the past 26 years, Worthington Insurance, Inc has been a part of its vibrant tight knit Yardley community. Worthington has shared in the joys of participating in various festivals and parades and the sorrow, along with our neighbors and clients, of flooding in our low-lying location along the canal.