A Personal Insurance Update
With temperatures falling and meteorologists predicting a colder than normal winter, the easiest and most cost efficient way to keep your home’s heat inside, while keeping your heating bill respectable, is to add fresh insulation to your attic, ceilings, basement, and walls.
Time for a Home Insurance Check-Up
Let us provide you with an insurance check-up to make sure you have the best possible coverage. We have access to a number of different markets and can save you even more if you combine your home insurance and auto together.
Prepare for Winter
The following is a checklist for what homeowners ought to be doing when prepping for the cold season. Stick to it, and you're sure to have a warmer and more relaxed winter experience.
- Reverse ceiling fan rotation.
- Inspect your furnace and replace filters.
- Insulate water pipes.
- Turn off all outside water and sprinklers.
- Clean wood stoves and chimneys.
- Install window insulators.
- Store summer tools and prep winter ones.
- Get a programmable thermostat.
- Make sure you caulk, repair, and replace any siding that is failing.
- Stock up on emergency supplies.
- It is always wise to provide an outside air supply for combustion appliances like gas stoves and furnaces. You may need a professional to check this for you.
- Make sure your recreation vehicles get the same care as your home.
- Seal cracks in windows, doors, foundations, and ducts.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- Clean gutters.
- Add insulation where needed.
- Check for leaks in gutters, windows, and roofs.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed and away from your home.
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey