As the owner of a snow plow business, you're trying to help your community and any interruption in your ability to plow snow, like damage to a vehicle or plow, could leave you scrambling to find replacement services and leave your company without any contracts. Snow plow insurance can help cover costs and ensure that you can get back to work as soon as possible. This type of coverage is so important that some areas actually require you to have it before you can apply for a permit to operate your plow on a commercial basis.
Contractors are gearing up for winter work. Many contractors throughout the state turn to ice and snow removal in the winter in order to supplement their income. Chances are you will need insurance for your winter-weather gear including salt rock and deicers, plows, shovels, picks, and snow blowers. Many developers and business owners must follow state or city requirement regarding snow removal. Contractors, if you expand your services to include snow plowing services, you will need to have the right coverage. If you own a snow removal business you will need snow plow insurance.
What Is Covered Under Snow Plow Insurance?
· Property Insurance--Covers your business property. Property Insurance helps ice and snow removers replace or repair property that has been lost or damaged.
· Business Owner's Policy--BOP can include the liability arising from snow plow operations.
· Commercial Auto Insurance--You need liability and physical damage coverage for the snow plow.
· Workers' Compensation Insurance--Covers injury to employees.
· Umbrella Insurance--Added liability insurance protection for your operations, in case of a large lawsuit or major liability claim.
Contractors involved in ice and snow removal service may qualify to apply for a Business Owner's Policy, or a BOP.
When you think of Worthington Insurance you think of choices. As an agency that represents various insurance companies writing business in PA and New Jersey, we can match you with an insurance company that is the best fit for your insurance needs.