How to keep your home safe
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the “Invisible Killer” because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 500 people die every year in the Unites States from accidental non-fire-related CO poisoning associated with consumer products, including generators.
Because it is not a sudden event or the result of an accident, homeowner’s insurance normally does not pay for damages or for mitigation costs. If a third party is injured from CO while on your premises, you may have coverage. Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance coverage.
Sources of carbon monoxide include
- Oil and gas furnaces and water heaters
- Wood and gas fireplaces
- Gas appliances
- Gas or kerosene space heaters
- Wood stoves
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Shortness of breath
- Mental confusion
The National Fire Prevention Association has provided a few CO prevention tips. Click HERE. So, when you think of insurance, whether it is auto, home, business or commercial, think of Worthington first. Our reputation speaks for itself- we guarantee it with our Golden Guarantee- Quality service at an honest price.