Insurance may be confusing to some people. But here are few interesting facts to get you thinking about your insurance program. Insurance can offer the right combination of pricing and coverage on your home, auto, and boat insurance. If anything these are great reasons to have us complete a review of your insurance program.
- There were over 26,000 arson fires in the U.S. in 2017.
- In 2017, 42,658 wildfires burned over 6 million acres in California, North Carolina, Oregon, Montana, Texas, Utah and Arizona.
- Hail causes about $1 billion dollars in damage to crops and property each year.
- There were over 2,000,000 home burglaries in 2017.
- One third of consumers believe they do not have enough life insurance.
- 721,000 autos were stolen in 2017.
- Winter storms caused $1.9 billion dollars in insured losses in 2017.
- Did you know that if the price of gold goes up, you may need to increase your insurance on your jewelry?
- There were 31,328 deaths by firearms in the U.S. in 2016.
- September is the most common month for hurricanes making landfall in the U.S.
- Identity theft claims increased over 18% in 2017.
- 21% of fatal auto accidents were caused by driving too fast.
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2017, on average, a fire department responded to a fire every 23 seconds in the United States.
- Most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
- For most people the cost of health insurance will exceed the cost of healthcare services.
- There were about 4,600 boating accidents reported in 2017.
- Alcohol was the largest human factor in boating deaths in 2017 (17 percent of boating fatalities), causing 140 deaths in 368 accidents and resulting in 313 injuries.
- There were 3,020 distraction-affected fatal crashes in 2017. Turn off your phone!
We hope this has given you a chance to think about your home, auto, boat, motorcycle and business insurance needs. Please call us today and let us help you sleep better at night, knowing you are better protected.
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Get a flood quote now