Many homeowners are starting to clean up after our recent winter storms. There is an aftermath including tree removal, roof repair and general yard clean up. Remember your homeowner’s insurance may provide some coverage so it pays to call our office for a review. If you wait to ling to report a claim it may be denied.
Many homeowners are starting to clean up after our recent winter storms. There is aftermath including tree removal, roof repair, and general yard clean up. Remember your homeowner’s insurance may provide some coverage, so it pays to call our office for a review. If you wait to ling to report a claim, it could be denied.
Home Clean up tips
- Check for mold. If you had water damage, there might be a mold issue. Check attics and basements for mold.
- See The CDC, Mold After a Disaster, CDC Flood Web site, and Homeowner’s and Renter’s Guide to Mold Cleanup After Disasters
- Replace drywall and insulation that has been contaminated with flood waters
- Check your gutter and roof for damage.
- Clean up damage trees. This may mean trimming branches that could create a liability issue.
- Fix any window damage including broken glass.
- Fit any damage to siding.
- It may be necessary to hire a professional to help you with major repairs.
- Check all your drainage systems for clogs
It is important to note that not all homeowner’s policies are created equal, and what one company offers may not be the same as another company. Also keep in mind, if you bought your policy online, who really knows what coverage you have?
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Get a flood quote now