As we approach the holiday season, we thought it might be good to provide you with a few insurance tips on how to protect yourself and your family during this season. The holiday season usually sees an increase in homeowners and other personal types of accidents and claims. Here are a few examples.
Common Insurance Claims During The Holiday Season
- Damage to home as a result of holiday party mishaps
- Theft of personal property
- Identity theft
- Food poisoning and illness
- Stolen gifts out of mall parking lot
- House fires as a result of dry trees or candles
- Auto accidents due to rain or bad weather
- Drunk driving accidents
- Guests trip and fall claims during a holiday party
- Falling while decorating
- Winter sports activities
- Falling trees due to wind storms
- Ice and snow damages
- Travel mishaps
How Your Personal Insurance Can Protect You During The Holiday Season
Identity Theft Increases during November and December
With more online shopping identity thieves target online shoppers. Criminals access public Wi-Fi systems to hack into your computer and smartphone.
Today, some homeowner insurance policies will either include or offer as an add-on, some type if identity theft coverage but in most cases, the coverage is limited. A stand-alone identity theft policy that is more comprehensive will typically contain the following benefits:
· Coverage for the named insured, spouse, and resident children
· Counseling with a licensed private investigator
· Data breach notifications
· Reimbursement for identity restoration costs
· Credit card activity alerts
· Bank account activity alerts
· Fictitious Identity Monitoring
A standard homeowner’s insurance policy can offer protection from many of the trips, spills, and holiday mishaps. If your home insurance is written properly it can offer insurance coverage for;
- Trips and falls
- Theft of personal property
- Personal liability risks for third party claims
- Theft of personal property from your vehicle
- Fire and other property damage
- Damage to your home as a result of a covered loss
Some homeowner’s insurance can offer a limited amount of identity theft protection. We do recommend you consider identity theft insurance, which can protect your online identity.
Renters or Condo Insurance
Renters insurance can also provide coverage during the holidays.
· Trips and falls
· Theft of personal property
· Personal liability risks for third party claims
· Theft of personal property from your vehicle
· Fire and other property damage not insured by the owner
Auto insurance can provide coverage for you and your passengers while driving during the holiday season. There is a variety of different auto coverage options to suit different people, family situations, financial statuses and more. While state law requires certain coverages and minimum limits, most drivers should carry much higher limits to protect themselves and family should an accident take place. The primary coverages included the following:
Collision Coverage – Covers the costs of repairs or replacement of a vehicle in the event of an accident.
Comprehensive Coverage – Pays for the costs and damages associated with events such as engine fires, hail damage, hitting a deer and other damages not caused by collision.
Bodily Injury Coverage – Provides financial compensation for injuries or death due to an auto accident, within the policy’s coverage limits.
Property Damage – Reimburses for damage to property, such as another vehicle, a fence, a building, and other types of features.
Personal Injury Protection or PIP – Because Kansas is a no-fault state, you are required to carry PIP coverage to pay for initial medical costs, any resulting disability, and other related costs.
Let us help you by providing a free, no obligation, auto insurance quote, including various coverage options to choose from. We’ll help you identify the right insurance policy, and the best insurance company, to financially protect your car, truck, and other passenger vehicles. Call or fill out our online insurance quote request today.
We are Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Winner two years in a row of Philadelphia magazine Home and Auto Professionals award. Our partners include Travelers, Progressive, Metlife, Safeco, The Hartford, Chubb and Westfield