An Auto Insurance Update
Auto accidents are no fun. They cause injury, damage, and a lot of stress. However, the good news is that if you bought insurance from our agency you have the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service. You buy auto insurance to protect yourself in the event you are in an accident, and we are here to help you through the claims process.
Over the years, we have seen just about every kind of accident and response. We thought it might be beneficial to talk about what not to do after an accident.
- Do not get upset or angry. Stay calm and make sure everyone is unhurt.
- Try not to move the vehicle unless damage is minor and you can exchange information parked on the side of the road.
- Never accept money from the liable party, rather than filing a claim.
- Do not leave the scene. Stay on the scene until the matter is settled. In some areas, you may be required to call the police, even for minor incidents. Other times you may just need to file a report later.
- Never admit an accident was your fault, even if you think it was. An apology can be construed as an admission of fault. Let the authorities determine who was responsible. Auto accidents can be disorienting even if you are not physically injured. You may not be aware of all factors leading up to the crash.
- Don’t forget to document everything. Take photos and get contact information from all parties involved, including any witnesses.
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion. We are Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Winner two years in a row of Philadelphia magazine Home and Auto Professionals award. Our partners include Travelers, Progressive, Metlife, Safeco, The Hartford, Chubb and Westfield Insurance.