Things That Will Impact Your Homeowner’s Insurance
If you own a home or rent, you need the right kind of homeowner’s insurance. Homeowner’s insurance is needed to protect yourself, your family, and your property from loss and/or damage. We can provide you with many homeowner’s or renting insurance options. Let us do the shopping for you.
Do not place your homeowner’s insurance at risk!
- Pay your insurance premiums on time. A poor payment history of constant late payments may encourage the insurance company to cancel your coverage.
- Do not file an excessive number of claims. No doubt, you buy insurance to pay for covered claims or losses. However, if you nickel and dime the insurance company, they may be apt to not renew your coverage, or offer a policy with a higher deductible or at a much higher premium.
- Having a high risk is costly. If you own a pool, have an old home where the wiring or roof has been neglected, or own certain breeds of dogs, you may not get the most competitive rates.
- Criminal activity. If you have been convicted of certain crimes, your insurer may not offer a renewal. These activities might include assault, drug convictions, or fraud.
- Be completely honest on your application. If it is found that the information on the application is dishonest or intentionally incorrect, you may be subject to a non-renewal.
It is important to note that not all homeowner’s policies are created equal, and what one company offers may not be the same as another company. Also keep in mind, if you bought your policy online, who really knows what coverage you have?
Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey