With winter weather approaching, we thought it would be good to provide a few tips on defensive driving especially during rain or other winter storms. We want you and your family to stay safe and enjoy the winter months. Now may also be a good time to have us complete a personal auto insurance review. There are many ways to save on your auto insurance, so call our office today.
Here are a few procedures to follow to reduce the possibility of an accident or injury:
· Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
· Before heading out, make sure your vehicle is in good running condition. Check your brakes, windshield wipers, exhaust system and heater. Make sure they are in top condition.
· Know the road conditions before you travel.
· Use extra caution when traveling across bridges and overpasses. They freeze before the roads do.
· Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
· Assemble a disaster supply kit. Include a first-aid kit, shovel, ice scraper, flashlight,
batteries, sand or cat litter, blankets, candles and matches, water, snacks, cell phone and car charger.
· Keep your gas tank at least half-full to avoid gas line freeze-ups.
· Brake early, brake slowly, brake correctly, and never slam on the brakes.
· Watch carefully for black ice. Black ice is a thin layer of transparent ice that forms when the temperature is close to freezing.
· Do not text and drive. It has the same effect as driving drunk.
· Be extra cautious when driving in mountains. Mountain weather in winter can be severe and can change rapidly. Be ready for wind gusts in exposed positions, and give the right of way to emergency vehicles and snowplows.
· If you become stranded in a winter storm, do not leave your vehicle. Stay with the vehicle and wait for help.
Even in the best weather conditions, auto accidents are a leading cause of death and injury for all ages. Drive safe and arrive safe.
We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
All of us value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.