Your Employees Driving Record Can Damage Your Businesses Reputation
A Commercial Insurance Review
When an employee gets into an accident while driving a company vehicle, there are many implications for your business. Depending on the accident an employee’s CDL can be suspended, canceled or revoked. Employers are often caught in the middle especially if the employee in question has a good track record.
What Can Employers Do To Protect Their Business?
• Establish guidelines for reporting major violations
• Develop a company policy regarding driving accident and violations
• Check MVRs annually
• Develop a company policy for “occasional” drivers (for example, office employees who may drive to the bank or post office during the course of their work.)
• Complete a thorough background check on al potential employees
• Institute radium drug testing of all employees.
• Provide driver training programs
• Develop guidelines for the use of personally owned vehicles on company behalf.
Whether your company needs to purchase Commercial Auto Insurance on one vehicle or a fleet, there are solutions for you. We understand you may have questions regarding Commercial Automobile Insurance and we are ready to help you.
Worthington is local. If a client has a problem, Worthington Insurance is their neighbor. We, at Worthington Insurance Inc., welcome you to stop by and review your insurance accounts. We have the most up to date computerized systems and a staff of qualified licensed insurance agents to serve you.