As our country continues to manage through the COVID-19 crises, we thought it might be useful to take some time to remind you of the importance of your personal insurance during this time. The coronavirus pandemic won’t affect your auto or homeowner’s insurance too much, but there are a few coverages that could be impacted because of the temporary lifestyle change.
- Do not cancel your auto insurance just because you are temporarily not driving. Auto insurance is required by law. If you are looking for ways to save money on your auto insurance, give us a call.
- If you are working remotely via computer, there should be no issues with your homeowners or renter’s insurance. However, this is true as long as there are no customers coming to your home. If you are running a business from your home, you will need business insurance. We are happy to help you with this.
- If you have a claim, we are open, as are the insurers. Give us a call, and we will be ready to help you. Your policy has toll-free claim numbers to help you get the process going.
- Many insurance companies are offering relaxed payment terms. We suggest you contact them directly if you feel you may miss a payment. Of course, you can always contact our office to assist you.
- Be aware of credit card and cyber scams. Unfortunately, criminals have ramped up their efforts during this crisis. The fraud ranges from false claims of cures and treatments for the coronavirus to fake charities attempting to soliciting money to help those suffering.
- As we all have so much time at home, now is a good time to complete a home inventory of your personal property. Creating and updating an inventory of your personal possessions is one of the best ways to make the most of your homeowners or renters insurance, and it makes filing a claim easier and more efficient. If your home is damaged or totally lost due to a fire or other event, having a home inventory will help you recover all your personal property with the least amount of time and stress.
- Life insurance should not be affected because of COVID-19. If you already have life insurance, you are covered, and a company cannot make changes to a policy that is already active. If you do not currently have coverage, however, your application may be affected. Keep in mind that each life insurance company is handling the pandemic differently. It is important to have us shop your life insurance to make sure the company you choose meets your needs.
We are Worthington Insurance specializing in competitive auto, home, contractor and business insurance as well as insurance in Philadelphia, Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Bensalem, Levittown, Bucks County and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.